Canada PR visa is one of the best ways to migrate to the country which is one of the most sought-after countries for young Indians to migrate. Because of Canada’s flexible immigration policies, democratic values, cultural diversity, career opportunities, and even Indian communities, this nation is a hot favorite. Thus thousands of Indians apply and successfully get Canada PR Visa from India. One can either take up the Canada PR process by themselves or approach any of the certified Canadian immigration consultants to guide them. But before you apply for Canada Permanent Resident Visa, let's discuss more Canada PR eligibility and Canada PR requirements in detail.
When one is talking about the Canada PR Visa, it does not apply to a Canadian citizen such as the students or foreign workers who are living in Canada temporarily. People of other nationality who have migrated to Canada need to apply for Canada PR visa to enjoy the benefits of migrating to the country. However, there are Canada PR eligibility and Canada PR requirements which need to be met by the candidate.
There are several ways to migrate Canada from India. Getting PR in Canada is not difficult if you meet the Canada PR Eligibility. Let’s explore the Canada immigration process below
Express Entry Program: Express Entry Program was introduced in the first month of the year 2015 as the way to migrate Canada from India. People who are interested in having the Canada PR visa have to secure some points through their credentials. The points are calculated on the basis of age, education, and work experience and language proficiency. There are three subcategories of this program – Federal Skilled workers program, Federal Skilled Traders program and Canadian Experience Class (CEC) and the candidate can choose the plan which best suits his /her case. Out of these categories, the most popular subcategory for relocation is Federal Skilled Workers Program, the Federal Skilled Traders program is for skilled trades professions like Chef, construction workers, etc. and there is no educational qualification required for selection under this category. The last Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is for candidates who already have work experience in Canada are relocated through work permit etc.
Provincial Nominee Program (PNP): As a way to migrate Canada from India, Provincial Nominee Program is for those candidates who are interested in getting the Canada PR from India has to be selected by a particular province for a specific Job role which is in shortage. The selected candidates can immigrate to that province which chooses the applicant. Remember that every province will have its own requirements which need to be met. Once, the eligibility requirement is met the candidate can apply to the particular province can seek the nomination. Those who are allotted the provincial nomination are given 600 bonus points in the Express Entry system and chances to migrate to Canada from India improves.
Self-employed professional: A person who runs his own business or is a service provider or an artist can now apply for Canada PR Visa. It is a good way to migrate Canada from India, If he or she can prove that they can contribute to the economy of Canada, their application is most likely to be processed for Canada PR Visa. They too will be selected on the basis of age, education, experience, language ability, and adaptability. The candidate for this category is expected to have a minimum of two years of experience and should secure a minimum of 35 points in its assessment grid.
Start-up Visa: It is a very good method to migrate to Canada from India, If you have a unique business idea, it might just be good enough to get you abroad. Such businesspeople or entrepreneurs are required to have some organization supporting their idea with sufficient finances. Along with a good business plan, there should be an investment of a minimum 200000 $CAD from a Canadian Venture Capital fund or a minimum investment of 75000 $CAD from a Canadian Angel Investor group. If all the criteria are properly met, then the Federal Government will grant the visa to both the primary applicant and his or her family.
Family Sponsorship: Applicants who are the Canadian Citizens or PR status holders they can sponsor their family members If they are more than 18 years of age. This is a good sort after way to migrate Canada from India. Spouse, children, parents, siblings and other close relatives can be sponsored by a Canadian Citizen to migrate to the country. As a sponsor, it is your duty to make sure that people sponsored are provided food, shelter, and clothing upon their arrival and ensure that they don’t require any social assistance.
Canada PR Process
The Canada PR process is a complex procedure. Hence, it is imperative that it is undertaken under the guidance of a good Canada PR consultant only. The most popular way to apply for Canada Permanent Residency status is through Express Entry program. However, the Canada PR process is a point-based immigration system of selection in which the applicants are assessed as per the credential tested as per the Age, language, education and work experience, etc. For this, the first step is the creation of Express Entry profile of the candidate and then from the pool, eligible candidates are selected to apply for Canada PR status. After this, the candidate should undertake the process of documentation which leads to the file step of filing for the Canada PR status after the documentation process is completed accurately.
Canada PR Requirements
The candidates who meet the minimum point score as per the credentials are selected to meet the requirements of the application for the documents. Let us look at the documentation process requirements to understand this criterion lucidly –
Document Checklist 2019 for Canada Permanent Resident Visa:
If you are ready to be a part of Canada as a skilled worker, then along with your Permanent Resident (PR) Visa you should also have all your other documents ready which is a crucial part of Canada PR requirements. To start the Canada PR process first you have to create an online account for the Express Entry Program only by following these two steps:
• You have to file in your International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score.
• From any authorized body get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA).
The documents you need, while you apply for Canada Permanent Resident visa from India, are:
• Show your proficiency in both the languages and that is English and French.
• The documents should be showing nominations for immigration by a Province.
• You should have a printed copy of the legitimate/valid offer letter from a Registered Organization.
• A minimum of 3 months of bank statement showing that the candidates own the required amount of funds specified by the agency to sustain themselves in Canada.
• You should have an authenticated passport.
• You should have documents of yours and your family members who are coming to Canada that they have undergone medical exams by registered and appropriately designated physicians.
• You should also confirm that your family members, who are shifting to Canada, have undergone all relevant police background checks and have been issued clearance certificates of their characters. These documents are some of the main paperwork that is required when you apply for Canada PR visa.
And all the other documents required to apply for Canada PR are required under the base of the individual candidate nature and skills.
Canada PR Eligibility
The selection of the applicants is as per the points system of immigration. To judge whether you are a valid candidate or not, you have to pass in several factors. To calculate your express entry points, IRCC considers your age, qualification of your education, the experience of your work, proficiency in your language, and adaptability and many more. The system had been introduced to pick up the best immigration applications from all of them and allow entry of the most qualified and deserve able individual.
Here are the points allotments in CRS calculator.
• Language skills – a maximum of 28 points
• Education – maximum of 25 points.
• Experience – maximum of 15 points.
• Arranged Employment – maximum of 10 points
• Adaptability – maximum of 10 points.
To understand the Canada PR eligibility and Canada PR requirements let us look at the three crucial terms below:
ECA – This stands for Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) which is a mandatory step to apply for Canada PR status and it equates that whether the credentials of the candidates are equivalent to the educational standards of the Canadian education board or not. The higher the degree, the higher points are allocated to the candidates. ECA evaluation should be undertaken under an authorized body like WES only.
EOI – Expression of Interest (EOI) – This is the first step for a candidate for entering the pool. This is a way to apply for PR status of Canada. Where interested candidates can apply through the program and enter the pool of candidates from where the applicants are shortlisted as per their skills, education and language capability.
Visa Filling - This is one of the most pertinent and the last in line step in Canada PR process. After the processing and documentation part the applicant can file for the PR visa only after receiving the ITA
Some of the benefits of the Canada Permanent Residency are –
Permanent Residency Visa is a temporary status of a foreign nationals stays in the country which is provided for a five-year time span. It is important to understand that the candidate allotted the Canada Permanent Residency Status is not the Canadian Citizen but the benefits that one enjoys are very similar to the Canadian Citizen.
Till grade 12th the education is free
• The health care system is highly advanced and subsidized
• The Protection is provided to the permanent residency Status holder as per the law
• You will have a right to study, live and even to work in Canada.
• Few years of stay in the country and the candidate becomes eligible to apply for the Canadian Citizenship
• After having the Canada Passport, you are allowed to travel in the number of countries with visa-free status.
These advantages are few listed benefits there are many more secondary advantages attached to the Permanent Residency visas like the right to sponsor somebody to Canada and a higher rate of being picked up by an employer than with the work permit etc. The Canada permanent residency is allotted only after the Canada PR eligibility is met by the aspiring candidate. There are more than 60 programs for getting the Canada PR visa and every program will have its own Canada PR requirements. However, some of the best pathways of getting the Permanent Residency (PR) status are – Express Entry Program and Provincial Nominee Program(PNP)
If you want to apply for Canada PR Visa, then we are here to keep you updated with the latest rules and Canada Immigration requirements which will help you to immigrate to Canada easily. Some of the changes in Canada Permanent Resident visa are given below:
• Dependent child’s age has been increased. Now children below the age of 22 years can be considered as the dependents. Earlier it was only allowed for children below the age of 19 years.
• Earlier, the rule of Conditional Permanent Residency implied that the sponsored spouse can stay along with his/her partner in Canada for a minimum of two years, but now this rule has been removed.
• The French language is gaining more and significance in Canada. If you know French, then 30 Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points will be right away allotted under the Express Entry System.
The new regulations and guidelines which have been added in Canada PR 2019 are totally different from the Express Entry Program and Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).
• Language Proficiency Test: The language proficiency test is an important requirement when you are planning to apply for Canada PR. Here we would like you to make you aware of the fact that your English language should be excellent, and to be a valid candidate you have to score the highest of 6 bands for the PR status through Express Entry and Provincial Nominee Program. If you score 4.5 then also there is a chance of you to get selected.
• Education Test: All your qualification degrees should be valid and from a recognized university. Your education level should be at par with the Canadian board.
• Health and Character: Before an Indian applies for Canada PR visa, he or she has to give a proof of specified funds belonging to them. This is done to ensure that they along with their families can sustain themselves in Canada.
• Proof of Funds: Before an Indian applies for Canada PR visa, he or she has to give evidence of specified funds belonging to them. This is done to ensure that they along with their families can sustain themselves in Canada.
Over six million migrants have found an abode in Canada since 1990. It has been an important category to ensure the growth in Canada’s economy owing to the labor shortage in the country. Canada prefers young generation migration so that they can help meet the challenges of an aging demographic. The worker to retiree ration in the year 2012 in Canada was 4.2 to 1. The plan is to bring the ratio down to 2 to 1. Hence to bridge the gap of skilled workers and jobs a lot of people are helped in migration through the Canada PR visa.
If you are planning to immigrate and stay in Canada, you need the help of someone who understands the process inside out. Signature Visa is among the best Canada PR consultant helping thousands of Indians find their future in Canada. We know the detailed procedures and the legalities involved, and we adopt the most ethical ways to help you acquire this visa. Owing to our long and successful run in this field, we can promise to deliver the best assistance services. Get associated with Signature Visa and make your Canada dream come true!