Launched on January 1st, 2015, Express Entry Program turned out to be one of the biggest and main drivers for economic immigration to Canada. Also, the program is now ranked as being one of the most popular programs that are being used globally by immigrants. Each year, the system attracts a large number of applications. It has enabled lots of families and individuals to immigrate from different countries to Canada without much delay as the whole process is completed within a few months. This new program made new improvements to Canadian Immigration Process:
1. Fast processing time
2. Selecting applicants from a wide variety of fields
3. Focusing on a better quality of applications.
Express Entry program is an online program that allows aspirants to apply for Canada Permanent Residency visa and immigrate to the country. The system is used to process and manage applications for permanent residence from skilled workers. The applications are further assessed on the basis of factors like their education, experience, language proficiency, and specific work skills which form the basis of Canada immigration eligibility. So if you meet the minimum requirements and the minimum points prescribed by the Canada Express Entry policy, you are most likely to get selected and move to Canada. Now it is vital for you to go through the details of rules for Canada Express Entry to know where you stand and how close you are to your dreams.
Firstly, candidates interested in migrating to Canada create an online profile and submit applications that are known as the ‘expression of interest’ to immigrate to Canada. The IRCC will review each profile and accordingly allocate the marks to the candidates based on the parameters such as education, language proficiency, skills, work experience etc. Then the different applications are ranked according to their score in the points calculator. Your rank depends on how you present your application and how best you meet the requirements. Every fortnight the IRCC launches the draw for Express Entry program and specifies the qualifying marks for the draw. The candidates with their scores equal to or more than these specified marks are deemed eligible and thus will receive the ITA (invitation to apply). These invites can go ahead and submit their application for permanent residency in Canada. However, those who didn’t get the chance or whose ranks were not good enough can try one more time. Also, they can re-submit their forms with updated information to score better the next time.
Express Entry Eligibility - Language Test:
It’s important to get the highest ranks if you want to settle down in Canada. However, it’s not easy to pass the Express Entry eligibility and one of the important factors in the Eligibility for Canada PR is to meet the minimum requirement for the Language test. You need to prepare well and undergo language tests to ensure a high score. Also for getting a better score, you can apply for various exams and assessments that can improve your credentials.
For scoring better, take exams like the International English Language Testing System -General Training (IELTS-GT). Or else, you can take the Canadian English language proficiency index program which is a general exam. Without scoring good marks in either of these exams your application will not be considered eligible. This is one of the factors for Express Entry eligibility the other Express Entry requirements are Age, Educational Credential Assessment, Work Experience, and the selected occupation etc. Apart from the English language, the candidates who are adept in French can also appear in Test d’Évaluation de Français (TEF) for passing the entry.
For the Canada Express Entry, the Canadian government will review the profile and the relevant documents thoroughly and place the candidate in one of these programs.
1. Federal Skilled Worker Program
2. Provincial Nominee Program
3. Canada Experience Class
4. Skilled Trade
Canada Express Entry: Things to be aware of
There is nothing too hard when it comes to Express Entry as the process Canada Express Entry is similar to any other paper applications. Nevertheless, there are still a few things that you need to clearly understand to avoid any confusion or mishaps in the future.
• Understand the real meaning of job offer: It’s crucial to understand that ‘Job offer’ really means a valid job offer in Canada. It is essential to have a full time, permanent job offer from a Canadian company, inviting you to work for them. One would get good points in CRS on the basis of a job offer.
• ECA is compulsory: Before applying to make sure that you have your ECA (Education Credential Assessment). It can change your score drastically. However, if you belong to FSTC or CEC with the secondary post, then do the ECA as fast as you can.
• Do mention the exact date for travel and personal history: Unlike before, now it is mandatory to mention the dates related to your travel as well as personal history. Earlier, the applicants were supposed to fill only the year and month but this year onwards, they also have to mention the dates.
• Proof of settlements funds needed: Applicants who belong to FSWC have to submit the proof of settlement funds with their application. It is also needed for making sure that you have your account in the given bank. Apart from this, the IRCC also wants to know specific details like when you opened your account and your account's average balance over the last six months etc. However, if you are a CEC candidate you don’t have to submit this document.
• Be focused during entering data: Everything you fill during the Express Entry Program profile creation will be carried forward to your PR application (electrical permanent address). This means that you will not get a chance to make corrections or amendments in the future. So when you are filling your form, make sure you are absolutely careful and accurate.
The Eligibility for Canada PR through Express Entry Program are as follows:
•Provide the score results of the language test. (Test results are valid for two years)
•International applicants need to show their Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report lists parallel to Canadian education. ECA’s are valid for five years.
•A candidate needs to apply online in Express entry and submit EOI.
•Need to score a minimum of 67 points based on their profile factors.
•Provide the health and character certifications once ITA for PR visa is approved.
The Express Entry Draw was launched to choose the best candidates for the issuance of an invitation to apply for PR visa. For every express entry draw, qualifying marks (CRS Score requirement) are decided. The candidates, who meet the qualifying marks, become eligible to receive ITA (Invitation to Apply).
Express Entry Points Calculator
The Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) is a point-based system that the Canadian Immigration Authorities have adopted in order to keep a check on the unskilled labor movement. There are certain parameters to this system; if you meet these parameters successfully then you will be awarded some points that are considered while granting you the Visa.
Important points to calculate your score for Canadian Immigration Entry Pool is:
1. The total number of points allotted in the Canada Express Entry program is 1,200
2. Age, education, experience, and language will be awarded a maximum of 500 points
3. Up to 40 points, if an applicant has an accompanying spouse or common-law partner
4. 80 Canada Express Entry points if the candidate holds at least one year of Canadian job experience
5. 100 points for transferable skills, which can be used in technical and non-technical jobs.
Important Steps in the Express Entry Process
•IELTS: high score in the language test will help meet the express entry eligibility
•Credential assessment: Foreign diplomas are given an equivalent value in Canada. Credential assessment is an important first step towards licensing or certification in any field chosen by the candidate.
•Resume and reference letters: Create an updated resume and determine how to obtain references that may be useful for job search during the PR process for Canada.
Handling everything on your own can create confusion. The Express Entry process can be quite confusing for first-time applicants. The whole Express Entry process includes a lot of work and it’s important to understand every step. Seeking the help of a certified Canada immigration consultancy like Signature Visas will ensure that you are guided by the experts at every step. We can help you get familiar with the entire Express Entry process. Right from filling up the application forms to improving your CRS score, our experts are always there to guide you during the process of applying for a Permanent Residency in Canada. Apart from this, you can also avail our professional services in order to help determine what category of visa are eligible for.
Seasoned consultants at Signature Visas will be by the side of the applicant right from the assessment stage until the submission of the application. Our valuable tricks and trips will help you boost your confidence and improve your scores as well. Thus with the help of such experts, you can make your Canada dream become a reality. With all the latest updates and information in handy, getting your Express Entry visa will be a sooner process.
If you choose to apply for Canadian PR visa express entry through Signature Visas, you are assured of getting through assistance and help in meeting the Express entry eligibility through the following ways
•Full guidance to meet the documentation requirements for the Canada FSW programs,
•Providing guidance on Educational Credential Assessment,
•Assist with the format of Canadian resume,
•Will positively apply on behalf of the candidate at the Canada Job Bank,
•Inform the clients with up to date PNP details.