Australia Skilled Sponsored Regional Visa (Subclass 489)
If you are looking to immigrate to a destination where the job opportunities and standard of living are as prolific as the natural habitat, then Australia is your ‘go-to’ destination. This country is a full package with professional, educational, healthcare and personal benefits enclosed. Further, due to the skill shortage, the Australian government has provided numerous pathways to the candidates who wish to immigrate to the country, and they can avail the benefit of the seamless process of immigration through these categories.
Owing to the rush of applications through Subclass 189 and subclass 190, the regional visa (provisional) under subclass 489 has become a widely popular category of immigration to Australia. In the following article let us look at the process in detail
Australian Skilled Sponsored Regional Visa (Subclass 489)
This is the best way of immigration to Australia for candidates who have a low score and is a provisional visa for skilled nominated applicants. Under this category, the Australian state sponsors skilled people who wish to live and work in Australia’s regional or low population area are granted permission. Sometimes a skill or talent is in huge demand in a regional area in Australia, in those cases, this is the most suitable mode to immigrate. The validity of this pathway is for four years, and sponsorship from a particular state or territory becomes mandatory.
Benefits of immigrating to Australia through Skilled Sponsored Regional Visa (Subclass 489)
Owing to its benefits, Subclass 489 is a very popular category for immigration. Few core benefits of this program are –
• Four years’ validity of living and working in Australia
• You can live, study or work in the specified regional area.
• Multiple Entry-exit in Australia till the validity time period
• Allows the primary applicant to bring family members to Australia
• Subclass 489 offers a very quick processing time as compared to other categories.
• Apply for the PR status of Australia through Subclass 887 visa
The candidate here should note that this is a provisional visa that requires the candidate to live in a regional area which has nominated the candidate for at least two years and work full time for a minimum of 12 months. It is only after these criteria are fulfilled that the candidate becomes eligible to apply for the Permanent Residency (PR) status of Australia.
Eligibility criteria for immigration under Subclass 489
The aspiring candidates who meet the eligibility requirement are allowed to immigrate through the Skilled Sponsored Regional Visa - Provisional (Subclass 489). The prominent factors of eligibility under this category are -
• Skill appraisal for your nominated occupation
• Good language proficiency is essential for immigration under this category
• The candidate should be less than 50 years of age.
• Candidate should meet the health and police verification requirements
• Nominated by an Australian State, government agency or territory
• A minimum of 60 points is essential in the point based evaluation in which criteria like age, language proficiency, education, and work experience are taken into consideration.
The processing time through the Skilled Sponsored Regional Visa (Subclass 489)
This is one of the fastest and quickest categories for immigration as the candidate’s application can get processed in around seven months from the time of lodgment. Further, a lot also depends on the type of application. Generally, the application where their skill is in huge demand in a particular region is given preference over the others.
The cost of Immigration through Skilled Sponsored Regional Visa (Subclass 489)
The cost of immigration under Subclass 489 will vary as per the changes in the fee structure of the Australian government and also the change in the exchange rate. However, the general amount that is required is as follows:
• Primary applicant – A $ 3,755
• Secondary Applicant – A$ 1,875
• Children (under 18 years of Age) – A $ 940
The cost mentioned above doesn’t include in it the medical charge, language proficiency test, and skill assessment charge.
Signature Visas has a team of experts, who can help you evaluate the best program through which you can sail through the immigration process. We counsel our candidates as per their needs and provide hassle-free immigration. To speak to our professionals, email@example.com or call us at +91-11-40109888 Office Mobile: 991185 9888.