This is a temporary visa and has been introduced for those applicants, whose skills, experience and abilities are well in demand in the regional or specific states of Australia. This visa allows you to live and work in Regional territories of Australia for up to 4 years. However, the applicant must choose an occupation from the relevant occupation list and also need to get the sponsorship from that particular state or territory in Australia, which the applicant has chosen to apply.
Eligibility to apply for this visa an applicant must
- Have an experienced in any of the occupation listed in the consolidated skilled occupation list of Australia.
- Score a minimum of 60 points based on his/her age, qualification, experience, English proficiency, other components if applicable.
- Get a state/ territory sponsorship.
- Be under 45 years of age.
- Obtain a positive skill assessment from the relevant assessing authority.
- Have required level of English Proficiency from IELTS.
- Experience as required by state/ territory requirement.
- Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI).
- Apply State sponsorship application.
- Meet the health and character requirements.
- Live in sponsorship state for 2 years once visa issued.
Benefits of the Subclass 489 visa:
This visa allows you and your family to:
- Live and work in Australia for up to four years.
- Travel in and outside Australia, till your visa is valid.
- Apply for permanent residency if you meet the required conditions.
Visa Fees (Subclass 489)
Regional Sponsored (Subclass 489) visa: $....
Dependent Applicant fees 18 and over: $...
Dependent Applicant fees under 18: $....
Visa Avenue Fees:
- Medical Examination: To be paid directly to the doctor conducting the medical examination.
- Police check: To be paid to the corresponding authorities in the respective countries where you have lived for more than 12 months depending on the visa subclass.
- Certification/ Translation of Documents: Depending on the certifying person and number of copies to be certified.
Note: Visa fees are subjected to change without prior notice. All charges shown above are in AUD.
The experts at Signature Visas have got years of experience in Australian Immigration process and diverse visa categories. Hence, you can expect the best mentorship and guidance while you apply for your visa.