Canada is the most sought-after destination for immigrants. The country offers ample opportunities for immigrants to move in and work there. Canada federal skilled worker program is one of them. This program enables immigrants to apply for the permanent residency in Canada. Applications under this program are processed through Canada Express Entry Selection System. The selection is based on a point system, in which, you need to score a minimum 67 points out of 100. Your occupation must fall under the “skilled occupation list” of Canada to become eligible to take up the test.
The skilled worker category is intended for people with high level of skills and experience which can be economically recognised in Canada. Skilled workers can apply for permanent residency and should qualify based on their education, work experience, knowledge of English and/or French, and other criteria.
Successful applicants are granted a permanent residence visa and are entitled to live and work in Canada without any restrictions.
Eligibility Criteria for Canada federal skilled worker application:
Once you have successfully submitted your application form, it will be assessed on eligibility bars as per the criteria described below-
- Have worked full time for at least one year in the applying occupation within the past 10 years in the skills O, A and B
- Meet the minimum English requirement of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB 7).
- Can claim additional points by Test d’evaluation de francais (French Exam Test)
- Have Canadian Diploma, Bachelor, trade certificate or Foreign Qualification assessed by Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) by an agency by Canada immigration and citizenship to provide evidence to Canadian qualification.
- Do not have any criminal records.
- Skill Type O (Management Occupations) or
- Skill Level A (Professional Occupations) or
- Skill Level B (Technical Occupations and Skilled Trades)
Educational Credential Assessment
Applicants should meet the other program eligibility requirements:
- A qualifying offer of arranged employment or are applying under the PhD stream or eligible occupations stream
- Meet the minimum language threshold through a designated third-party test.
Applicants who have Canadian educational credentials do not need to get an ECA, unless they are also submitting a foreign educational credential in support of their application.
The ECA process will help determine if the foreign educational credential is authentic and equivalent to a completed credential in Canada. For prospective applicants, the ECA can provide a realistic understanding of how their foreign educational credentials are likely to be recognized in Canada.
Few organizations have been designated by the Minister to provide ECA reports for purposes of immigrating to Canada under the FSWP. The designated organizations are:
- Comparative Education Service
- International Credential Assessment Service of Canada
- World Education Services
- Medical Council of Canada.
ICAC CAD 150 to 350 FSW package
WES CAD 220 to 440
CES: CAD 250 to 400
Basic Features of this Visa
- Canada Immigration or Canada PR Federal Skilled Worker visa allows you to work in Canada without the need to be sponsored by an employer, a Canadian work permit or a job offer
- Successful applicants are free to work without any constraints/restrictions, unlike a work permit
- After three years stay in the country, the applicant can apply for Canadian citizenship
- Once you get your Canadian Passport & Citizenship, you can travel to many countries in the world without a visa
- You can sponsor your immediate family & relatives to join you in Canada
- Canadian permanent residences includes access to government subsidized education and healthcare (Medicare)
- Unrestricted access to Canada's labour market and associated insurance and pension benefits
- The PR visa is now granted in 6-12 months instead of the previous 3+years
- If the application is returned, the fee is refunded by the High Commission
Canada PR Canada Immigration Points-based Assessment
The applicant must attain a minimum pass mark of 67. Applicants are assessed on following factors:
- Work experience,
- Language ability,
- Arranged employment and
To know more about the documents required and visa fee, contact us!
- Right of Permanent Residence Fee: 490 CAD
- Principal Applicant: 475 CAD
- Principal Applicant, if less than 22 years of age and not a spouse or common-law partner: 75 CAD
- A family member of the principal applicant who is 22 years of age or older: 550 CAD
- A family member of the principal applicant who is less than 22 years of age: 150 CAD
Disclaimer: Visa fees are subjected to change without prior notice
Signature Visas Services
Signature Visas offers advice and guidance for best possible documentation. We assist and guide you at each step till you get your visa.
- Expert advice on complete process stage wise
- Visa documentation
- Provide you with the document checklist stage-wise and assisting you with the requisites and the alternatives upon receiving the signed service agreement copy
- Provide documents samples and assist you with inputs wherever necessary
- Corresponding with the department, on your behalf, if required
- Post landing, travelling and settling assistance.
We are not a placement agency, we are Overseas Career Consultants. We do not provide/guarantee/assure jobs, we do not arrange for any direct employment through employers. We use technology, resources and our internal expertise to market your resume to overseas employers on your behalf.