Australia Visitor Visa Key Highlights
- Who can apply?
- Visit Visa Process
- Documents Required
Overview of Australia Tourist/Visit Visa
Australia offers a vast range of experience with beautiful landscapes, a favorable climate, and beautiful beaches. Thus, a lot of people visit Australia for a cherished experience of a lifetime.
This allows people to visit Australia for a holiday, or to visit family and friends for a stay up to three, six, or twelve months. It is also used for other short-term non-work purposes.
The pathways for successful processing of visit visa for Australia are:
- Australia Evisitor visa – Subclass 651
- Australia Visitor Visa – Subclass 600
- Australia Work & Holiday 2nd – Subclass 462
- Australia Working Holiday Maker – 1st Subclass 417
- Australia Working Holiday Maker – 2nd Subclass 417
The key highlights for this visa are:
- The purpose of the visit should be purely recreational or visiting family and friends.
- The Purpose of business could be for attending the conference, seminars, etc.
Who can apply for Australia Visa visa?
The Australia visitor visa is available to all passport holders who are outside Australia and want to apply for a visa to visit Australia. Visitors of certain nationalities are eligible to apply for an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA).
📝 Please Note:
- An application can be submitted at any of the AVAC’s in India during business hours, except for Cochin AVAC, application lodged until 10 am will be considered for priority processing.
- Requests to use the Priority Service must be made at the same time as lodging the visa application form. The Department cannot accept requests to use the Priority Service after your application has been submitted.
- It is unlikely that a visa application will be finalized within 48 hours if the applicant is affected by any of the following factors:
- Applicants with any form of adverse immigration and criminal history
- Applicants who will require a health examination as part of the visa application process;
- Applicants who are under 18 years of age without parental consent provided;
- Applicants who have not provided the information required on the visa application checklist.
- DIBP strongly advises that applicants do not make irreversible travel or other plans that are contingent upon the grant of an Australian visa within 48 hours. DIBP and VFS will not be responsible for any loss incurred because a visa application has not been finalized in time to meet an applicant’s travel plans.
Note: Only Indian nationals residing in India are eligible to apply for priority processing.
What is the Australia Tourist visa process?
The processing of the application done under the guidance of a trusted Australia Immigration consultant can help you have a hassle-free process. The Australia tourist visa entails the following steps:
Step 1 - Register Online for the particular pathway
Step 2 - Documentation
Step 3 - Track your application with the embassy
Step 4 - Receive your Visa by mail
What are the documents required for the Australia Tourist visa?
Following are the list of documents required for Australia Visitor/Tourist visa:
- Notarized copy of all pages of current and old passports, including the bio-data page, alterations page and back page of the passport (unless requested to send original passport).
- Visa application form 1419 duly completed and signed. Minor’s form to be signed by both the parents.
- Authorization Form 956 to be typed completely and signed by each applicant.
- 2 (TWO) Recent Colour Photographs (not older than six months). Size 35mm X 45mm, 80% Face, White Background.
- Original covering letter from the applicant stating the applicant’s name, professional status, passport details, purpose, and duration of the visit. For self-employed, the covering letter on business letterhead.
- Proof of Financial Documents:
- Income Tax Returns for the last three years.
- Original Updated Bank Statement for the previous six months with bank seal and signature.
- Supporting Financial Documents such as Fixed Deposits, Property Investments, other investments, etc.
Australia Visit Visa from India
Applying for the visit visa to Australia from India can take only Rs. 9000. For this, you can apply for a single or multiple entry visa and you can get a stay of a minimum of three months in the country. The processing time will range from two to three weeks. For Indians, the best pathway is Subclass 600 and you can apply through VFS Australia visa.