It was one of Manitoba province's largest draw where 419 applicants were selected in the Skilled workers and international graduates categories. With this draw, the total number of Immigrants invited to Manitoba has reached 4888.
On 17 December, Manitoba Province announced the largest draw of the year and invited 419 Immigration candidates. These applicants were invited to the Skilled workers and international graduates categories - Skilled Workers in Manitoba, International Education Stream, and Skilled Workers Overseas.
Out of the 419 candidates, 37 selections were from the Express Entry categories. The Expression of Interest (EOI)minimum Score for selection was based on eth a category through which the applicant received the Letters of Advice to Apply (LAAs).
- Skilled Workers in Manitoba - 329 LAAs with an EOI score of at least 375;
- Skilled Workers Overseas - 50 LAAs with an EOI score of at least 706; and
- International Education Stream - 40 LAAs, no EOI score requirement
The Manitoba PNP doesn't accept applicants who do not have a valid Express Entry ID, a job seeker validation code, and Work experience in Manitoba's In-demand Occupations list. For the Skilled Worker Overseas category, the appellants were directly invited under a strategic recruitment initiative.
If an applicant was a high scorer but didn't receive an LAA, then the reasons could be the following -
- No valid test number for their third-party language test
- Invalid language test
- The applicants were not invited under a strategic recruitment initiative
- The MPNP candidates who had not updated their EOI profile with the correct information for the subsequent draws
The latest draw selected applicants who had been working in the regulated occupations. The MPNP holds the right to refuse candidates who are not actually working in a regulated occupation or who did not have proof of licensing steps to be employed in Manitoba.