The Ontario province held the first provincial nominee draw of the year 2022 and selected applicants from all employer job offer streams.
A large number of appellants were invited to the Provincial nomination draw of Ontario held on 11 Jan.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) selected applicants based on the Expression of Interest (EOI) system. The applicants were selected if they were eligible under the Employer Job Offer category in three streams: Foreign Worker, International Student, and In-Demand Skills.
The candidates got invited to the following streams
- Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker stream - 264
- Employer Job Offer: International Student stream - 762
- Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills stream - 58
The National Occupational Codes (NOC) of the in-demand skills category is listed below:
Health and agricultural occupations:
- NOC 3413 - nurse aides, orderlies, and patient service associates
- NOC 4412 - home support workers and related occupations, excluding housekeepers
- NOC 8431 - general farmworkers
- NOC 8432 - nursery and greenhouse workers
- NOC 8611 - harvesting laborers
- NOC 9462 - industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers, and related workers
Manufacturing (outside the GTA only):
- NOC 9411 - machine operators, mineral and metal processing
- NOC 9416 - metalworking and forging machine operators
- NOC 9417 - machining tool operators
- NOC 9418 - other metal products machine operators
- NOC 9421 - chemical plant machine operators
- NOC 9422 - plastics processing machine operators
- NOC 9437 - woodworking machine operators
- NOC 9446 - industrial sewing machine operators
- NOC 9461 - process control and machine operators, food, beverage and associated products processing
- NOC 9523 - electronics assemblers, fabricators, inspectors and testers
- NOC 9526 - mechanical assemblers and inspectors
- NOC 9536 - industrial painters, coaters and metal finishing process operators
- NOC 9537 - other products assemblers, finishers, and inspectors
Ontario Province Plan in 2022
Every year the provinces invite appellants to meet the labor market requirement in their regions.
In 2021, Ontario selected 8,350 immigrants. There were an additional 250 nominations for temporary foreign workers in intermediate skilled occupations, NOC Skill Level C. By November 2021, Ontario issued 8,600 nominations, and the province was required to double their allocations in 2022.