Settling in starts after you have landed in Canada. For this meeting, the social necessities through accommodation, insurance, banking facility, etc., can help the applicants find firm roots in the new country.
The first thing that you need to do when you are planning to immigrate to Canada. If you meet the program's eligibility requirements through which you are migrating – Study permit, work permit, or Permanent residency. Once to have met the eligibility then of CRS score, education, language, and work experience, you will be selected for the program and receive an ITA.
The Immigration process doesn't stop with the PR status; rather, acclimating to your new location is an important step. A large number of people relocate to a new location but cannot settle properly, which forces them to come back to their homeland. This scenario can be avoided if you take few steps with vigilance -
- Get Accommodation - An applicant needs to plan the living arrangements; it can be a hostel or AIR BNB initially till you find your own house. For this, you can start looking for apartments and homes online. There are also real estate agents who can help you find your dream home within your budget.
- Banking in Canada - One should open a bank account in Canada as soon as possible. Getting enrolled will help you as a first step towards employment and help in cultural integration as well.
- Health Insurance - Permanent residents, can take public or private health insurance depending on their budget. Getting health insurance can be highly assuring and provide Stability in the new country.
- Social Insurance Number (SIN) - Having a Social Insurance number can provide you access to government programs and benefits. Some of this program are very helpful for the social integration of the candidate.
- Start Using a Canadian Phone - You can start researching and select the best-suited plan for your lifestyle. Getting a Canadian phone number will help you with GPS and help you avoid hefty international call charges.
- Driver's License - Having a Car in Canada is a necessity. You need a valid driver's license to drive in Canada. For this, take a driver's test, and after you pass the test, you will be permitted to drive.
In 2021, If you plan to settle in Canada without your spouse and then you should start by having a minimum of CAD 12960 with you. A couple should have at least CAD 16135 as Settlement funds. After your monetary implications are sorted, enter the pool of aspirants and get picked by meeting the CRS score requirement.
Use our CRS score calculator to check your score.