The province of Quebec has established its own immigration selection program and has different criteria and method of assessment for Skilled Workers compared to rest of the country. Quebec is the largest Canadian province located in the east-central zone of Canada and is the only province in the country where the French language is used predominantly. Quebec skilled worker is provincial nomination immigration program which allows people around the world to live and work in Quebec during their initial stay and contribute to economic growth. When it comes to Quebec migration, an immigrant has unrestricted access to the local job market. Moreover, an immigrant under this program does not need to have an additional work permit to be employed. The immigrant can seek employment post landing.
All candidates need to be assessed on the following factors:
- Live and work in Quebec: All candidates applying for this program must live and work in Quebec and also demonstrate that they have the professional skills and ability to contribute to the provincial economy.
- Educational Qualification: All applicants have to be academically qualified which could cater to the economy of Quebec. So, your qualification should fall under the Area of Training (AOT) list of Quebec and the qualification should be foreign recognized or equivalent to Quebec diploma. Our assessment experts will check the equivalency levels of your current qualifications with the Quebec Education System which can help you claim points under the criterion against your earned qualifications.
- Work Experience: Work experience either full time, part time or internship full-time or part-time work as part of an apprenticeship. Applicants can claim points for a maximum of four years of experience.
- Language Skills: Quebec Skilled Migrant is the only program that gives credits for oral and understanding aspects of French and English language. In the past there were many misconceptions regarding the French language in Quebec, Applicants need not worry about reading and writing the French language as they carry no special point credits.
- Financial Security: Applicant needs to prove you can support yourself and your family in Quebec.
We, at Signature Visas, assess your credentials to see whether or not you qualify for this program. Based on the assessment, we further guide our clients accordingly.
We are not a placement agency, we are Consultants. We do not provide/guarantee/assure jobs, we do not arrange for any direct employment through employers. We use technology, resources and our internal expertise to market your resume to overseas employers on your behalf.