This visa allows people to visit Australia for a holiday or recreation, or to visit family and friends for a stay up to three, six or twelve months. This visa may also be used for other short-term non-work purposes.
Who can apply?
This visa is available to all passport holders who are outside Australia and want to apply for a visa to visit Australia. Visitors of certain nationalities are eligible to apply for an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA).
- An application can be submitted at any of the AVAC’s in India during business hours, except for Cochin AVAC, application lodged until 10 am will be considered for priority processing.
- Requests to use the Priority Service must be made at the same time as lodging the visa application form. The Department cannot accept requests to use the Priority Service after your application has been submitted.
- It is unlikely that a visa application will be finalised within 48 hours if the applicant is affected by any of the following factors:
- Applicants with any form of adverse immigration and/or criminal history;
- Applicants who will require a health examination as part of the visa application process;
- Applicants who are under 18 years of age without parental consent provided;
- Applicants who have not provided information required on the visa application checklist.
- DIBP strongly advises that applicants do not make irreversible travel or other plans that are contingent upon the grant of an Australian visa within 48 hours. DIBP and VFS will not be responsible for any loss incurred because a visa application has not been finalised in time to meet an applicant’s travel plans.
Note: Only Indian nationals residing in India are eligible to apply for priority processing.
- Notarized copy of all pages of current and old passports, including the bio-data page, alterations page and back page of the passport (unless requested to send original passport).
- Visa application form 1419 duly completed and signed. Minor’s form to be signed by both the parents.
- Authorization Form 956 to be typed completely and signed by each applicant.
- 2 (TWO) Recent Colour Photographs (not older than 6 months). Size 35mm X 45mm, 80% Face, White Background.
- Original covering letter from the applicant stating the applicant’s name, professional status, passport details, purpose and duration of the visit. For self-employed, the covering letter on business letterhead.
- Proof of Financial Documents:
- Income Tax Returns for last 3 years.
- Original Updated Bank Statement for last 6 months with bank seal and signature.
- Supporting Financial Documents such as Fixed Deposits, Property Investments, other investments etc.